Our small team recently sat down to to think about the question “What is the future for Green Shoe Garage?” Here is our view of the key areas we want to build my business around:
- Bespoke product design that embraces the Maker movement ideology. To include design, development, prototyping, testing and fabrication of custom electronics, software, and all physical and mechanical components. Focused on building solutions around Open Source Hardware (OSHW) platforms such as the Arduino.
- Electronics consulting to individuals (e.g. makers, DIYers) all the way up to Fortune 500 firms seeking to better integrate technology into their business and products.
- Create and present custom training and tutorials for the entire spectrum of electronics design, software engineering, web development, and effective use of Information Technology tools to delivered in written and video formats, ready for web consumption.
- Performing cyber-physical vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of IoT hardware and building automation systems.
- Rapid deployment on-site technology troubleshooting to anywhere in the world within 24 hours. Possible to expand into infrastructure as a whole (e.g. electrical, HVAC, etc.) to support the burgeoning data center industry.
- Data analysis/data science/”big data”. Offer custom tools and services to help business analyze complex and disparate data sets in a simple ways thus transforming data into action knowledge to help realize business goals.
- Lastly, we would look to support philanthropic organizations such as Engineers Without Borders. We support also want to support initiatives that advocate for smarter science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics education in the United States. Also advocacy for the digital rights of the individual ahead of corporate and government interests to ensure freedom and democracy survive the digital revolution.